Sunday 20 February 2011

Decisions...

After a hard day scribbling, I think I have most of the concepts hammered down now. In truth much of it has been only minor changes from a piece I wrote about 6 years ago as the background, but those small changes can be rather important. Still got to type up a few more bits, largely about 'magic' but that is a reasonably minor thing all told compared to all the world effecting events as mentioned above.

So, a hour or so typing, then it is a case of getting back into the world itself. I have been digging up texts about Bair the past week. I have several time lines to read through, several lists of constructed language notes to check over, and of course some maps to print off the large master copy I have (A huge 4 piece Photoshop document, which is in turn created from an old hand drawn map that was over 6 ft square!)

My plan at present is to go through the timeline, change as needed, and get a series of maps together (sketches) to sort out the history. I would like to do something along the lines of Mark Rosenfelder, an historical atlas, but my mind doesn't really think of history that way. Call me old fashioned but I still like timelines (Comes from reading the Anglo Saxon Chronicle when I was like 14 i suppose...

Then of course, I'd like to write some short stories in pieces of the history. In the first incarnation of my 'conworld' I only wrote a handful of stories, save of course some narrative history pieces. However the past few years have been ones of little world creation and almost pure writing (When of course I didn't have writers block!) so I'd like to keep that going. Short stories like this will also help me capture the cultures I am writing about a lot better as well. This is not to say I'm not going to spend hours trying to get declension patterns in some obscure created language right, I expect there will be plenty of that :P

Of course this is going to be a long project. I worked solidly for 8 years and never quite got to the present day, but then again, I was still learning a lot then. I think I can (hopefully) go somewhat faster this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment